Home arrow Forums
FireBoard
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Accuride Drawer Slide Latch Attachment - Update (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Accuride Drawer Slide Latch Attachment - Update
tlaw7 (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline
Accuride Drawer Slide Latch Attachment - Update 5 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 1  
This is a brief update to Jeremy's File on the Accuride Drawer Slide Latch Attachment. The top galley drawer had lost it's latching capability. Using Jeremy's contact information, I emailed the Company. Here's their reply:

"Thank you for contacting Accuride technical support.

The slide in the picture is our standard slide model 3832SC (self close), the problem that you are facing is with the self close feature, probably broken or worn out. The self close feature is very easy to replace, please confirm how many self closing assemblies you need and mailing address."

The picture I sent them was from Jeremy's File, so the part number has apparently changed. I told them I needed latch assemblies for four drawers (8 parts, total). They sent me 12 parts. Free.

Replaced the broken latch attachment last night following Jeremy's directions. The new ones are all the heavy duty grey type. Net result: the drawer behaves the way it should.

I am currently in negotiations with Susan to reduce the weight in that drawer (table settings for eight?).

The contact at Accuride is Jorge M Perez [ This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it ].

All the best,

Tom Law

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
severn003 (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline
Re:Accuride Drawer Slide Latch Attachment - Update 5 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 7  
Tom:

Your post could not be more timely. While trying to fix our top drawer on the weekend I had the entire assembly "explode" on me sending parts all over the place. The bearing that keep the slide aligned are worn out. We only had cutlery for 8 and all the cooking utensils.

Shawn
At41-017
Ocean Mistress

severn003 (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline
Re:Accuride Drawer Slide Latch Attachment - Update 5 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 7  
Folks:

I followed Tom's lead and contacted Jorge Perez by email. He called me within seconds of hitting the send button. He had a solution and new exactly what I needed and followed up with an email indicating the parts would be in the mail today. I have included the model number and web address for folks below.

Model 3832HDSC
> http://www.accuride.com/Woodworking/Product/Details.asp?ProductID=44
>

It is unusual, in my experience, to find a supplier so willing to support their products in the after market. Jorge (Accuride) did a great job and it was appreciated.

Shawn
At41-017
Ocean Mistress

Tugtardis (User)
Landlubbers - ex-Owners of AT34-48 2004-2012
Platinum Boarder
graph
User Offline
Gender: Male Location: Eustis - near Orlando FL Birthdate: 1955-04-11
Re:Accuride Drawer Slide Latch Attachment - Update 5 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 4  
>>
It is unusual, in my experience, to find a supplier so willing to support their products in the after market
<<
Yup, same here. I've dealt with abysmal tech support (computer stuff) professionally for years, and never found any company as good as Accuride. Glad to see they hav, if anything, improved !
Especially since they're not directly in the Marine market: they sell to fine woodworking shops.

Thanks for the updated part numbers - I'll update the book.
And I plan on bringing a dozen or so spare drawer catches to the East rendezvous as extras. There's usually someone in need.....

Great Laker (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline
Re:Accuride Drawer Slide Latch Attachment - Update 2 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 1  
I have also had a couple of drawers that wouldn't stay latched and followed this thread to obtain replacement parts from Accuride (slide model 3832HDSC). Jorge is still there and sent the parts free.

I am having some difficulty getting the old part out and am wondering if one of you can assist. I am replacing the grey part with the spring loaded pin. There is another smaller square part that is adjacent to it which can slide.

The grey part has 3 fingers on each side that appear to be snapped under the metal sides. How do you get these loose? I don't want to just break it without understanding how the new part goes in.

This is the part at the end of the slide in the picture.

Larry
AT34082
Spring Lake, MI
elan (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline
Re:Accuride Drawer Slide Latch Attachment - Update 2 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 2  
Good morning Larry,
I usually take a shorty flat head push on the center bottom of the latch & pry the bottom off the two a little arms holding the latch.
When the bottom is off the metal catches on the slide you can then drop the latch removing the entire latch.
Hope this answers your question & is some help.
Mike
M/V Elan
hull #61

Go to top Post Reply